|Web Application Development
The intensity involved in a web application development project or a web portal design project is recorgnised and this call for careful planning. We are truly interested in increasing your business through a professional web application development process showcasing your products / services or information in most effective manner. Our team of web portal design experts and web application development experts will tailor your web application development project around your company’s services, objectives and budget.
It is reasonable to say that a successful internet application development solution should not force the users to change entirely the way they work, it should be in line with the current practice and lead users to achieve the most with a slight shift in their working model. We believe that the human mind always resists change, so the success of any web application development company depends on how few are the changes being enforced. With our team of professional web application developers we execute complex projects with ease giving your web portal design the best look ever.
A customized web application development derived out of the vision of the client results in higher productivity, effective information management, reduced cost and a smooth functional business processes.
Our web application development projects includes but not limited to the folowing:
- Intranet Web Applications Development.
- Corporate Extranet Applications Development.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Application
- E-commerce Website Development to any capacity.
- Document Management System.
- Online Payment Portals (E-Commerce).
- School Portals.
- Custom Software Development, among others.
Contact Datatell today for a web application that will take your business to another level.
Users can feel lost even in a relatively small information space that is not well organized. The problem becomes even greater when you consider the possibility that people can arrive at any given web application from any other page on the web. They may not always enter your site from your home page.
Information architecture focuses on designing effective navigation, organization, labeling, and search systems. It is an interdisciplinary field that draws upon the research and practices of information and library science, computer science, graphic design, and psychology. The role of the information architect is crucial to the planning and conceptual design/redesign stages of web application development, as good information architecture lays the foundation upon which a web application is built.
Some steps to take in coming up with an architecture for your web Application:
- Finding out what the mission or purpose of the application is--why will people need the application?
- Determining the immediate and long range goals of the application--are they different?
- Pinpointing the intended audiences and conducting a requirements analysis for each group.
- Collecting content and doing inventory.
- Determining the organizational structure of the application, which can include:
- narrow and deep
- broad and shallow
- Creating an outline of the application, which can include:
- site maps: maps that reflect navigation and main content areas. They are usually constructed to look like flowcharts and show how users will navigate from one section to another.
- content maps: detailed maps that show what exists on each page and how content on the pages is related.
- Creating a visual blueprint of the application, which can include:
- page schematics: black and white line drawings or block diagrams to hand off to a visual designer. These may or may not reflect layout and are used mostly to inform the developer and the client exactly what information, links, content, and navigation will be on every page of the application. Schematics help illustrate priority.
- Defining the navigation systems